Pollo con 40 dientes de ajo
- 60 ml olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- ½ a lemon
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 bulb garlic, cut in half, but not peeled
- 1 chicken weighing 1.5-2 kg, washed and dried, parson's nose removed
- 4 bulbs garlic, separated into cloves, but not peeled
- Place a roasting tin containing the oil, salt and pepper in the oven and preheat to 230° C (450° F - gas 8).
- Put the lemon half, rosemary and garlic halves in the cavity of the chicken.
- Reduce the temperature to 190° C (375° F - gas 5) and brown it for about 5 minutes on each of the three sides. If you use a rack in your roasting tin, do not use it at this stage.
- After this stage put the chicken on its rack (if using) in the oven.
- Cover the chicken with a double layer of tin-foil and roast for 1¼-1¾ hours until done.
- Add the garlic cloves after one hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest, covered, for about 15 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#pollocon40dientesdeajo #garlic #chicken #lemon #french #almond #vegetables #miseenplace #mashedpotatoes #roast #ground