I was looking for a little side dish to go with a recent discovery: Gressingham Memphis Barbecue Pulled Duck. This was the result - it was so goo that next time we had it we added it directly to half a chopped up iceberg lettuce; but that's another story: Crunchy lettuce salad with pineapple salsa.
- 1 small tin of pineapple rings (4 rings)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into thin rings
- 2 small fresh chillies, deseeded and chopped into rings
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger - (Frozen ginger paste is the most economical way to use ginger and still have the zing)
- 1 level teaspoon muscovado sugar
- 20 ml lime juice
- 20 ml olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Drain the canned pineapple rings and cut into segments - reserve a little of the juice
- Leave the onions to dress the salsa at the end
- Mix the remaining items together and the flavours to combine
- Taste and add a little of the pineapple juice if needed
- Add the onion rings and mix everything together
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pineapplesalsa #pineapple #juice #sidedish #vegetarianrecipes #ginger #muscovadosugar #iceberglettuce #salsa #freshginger #chillies