An extremely simple and very flavoursome way of cooking chicken breasts.
- 2 skinless & boneless chicken breasts
- Juice of one lemon (see method)
- A good 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Salt & pepper
- Slash chicken breasts across about 5 times. Make the cuts fairly deep because you want the marinade to really penetrate.
- Place in a shallow bowl
- First microwave the whole lemon for about 15 seconds. This will enable you to extract the maximum amount of juice
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice out into a small mixing bowl removing any pips
- Add the oil and the Crushed garlic and season generously
- Mix well and pour over the chicken breasts
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge
- Pour yourself a glass of wine and relax for half an hour
- After half an hour turn the chicken over in the marinade, re-cover and put back in the fridge.
- Time for another glass of wine
- Turn chicken over after half an hour (the chicken needs at least 1 hour of marinating)
- Heat a smallish frying pan over a medium heat and when hot put the chicken in the pan cut-side-up together with half of the marinade
- Cook for 10 minutes basting regularly with the marinade
- Check the underside of the chicken after about 10 minutes. If nicely brown, turn it over and put in the rest of the marinade.
- Give this side 10 minutes, again basting regularly.
- The lemon juice will evaporate leaving a nice brown sticky residue on the meat. The oil will separate.
- Give the meat a little cut in the middle and check that it's not pink.
- Time for more wine
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #marinade #parpychicken #juice #lemon #wine #basting #fridge #garliccrushed #clingfilm #microwave