Pan fried breaded pork fillets
This recipe needs advance preparation!
I combined this recipe with jerk seasoning to make a spicy version, though you could easily omit this stage
- 1 large pork tenderloin fillet
- 1 ladle of jerk marinade (optional)
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs or 1 stale brown bread roll
- 4 tablespoons flour - I prefer wholemeal but general purpose flour will do
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - garlic olive oil is nice here
- Cut the tenderloin fillet in two pieces
- Cover with a sheet of Cling-film or a clean carrier bag
- With a heavy pan, rolling pin or flat cleaver; smash the fillet flat. Aim for about 2-2.5 cm thick, though a consistent thickness is more important. Great therapy this!
- See Butterflying for a similar technique.
- Optional marinade
- Place in a shallow dish and pour over about a ladle full of jerk marinade. Cover and leave in a cool place for a few hours or longer if possible
- If using a stale roll, cut into tiny pieces and dry in a low oven or leave out to go crispy then blitz in bursts in a food processor. Don't go too mad or you will end up with flour
- Lay out four large flat plates
- Sprinkle the flour in one, beaten egg in the next, and breadcrumbs in another
- With careful hands, remove the fillet from the marinade, if used, keeping as many bits as you can without too much liquid
- Roll and coat it the flour, dip both sides in the egg and finally roll and coat in breadcrumbs. repeat with the other fillet
- Heat a tablespoons of butter and a tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and heat until it froths and then reduce. (This may need to be done in two pans if the fillets are huge)
- Pan-fry the fillets for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning a few times.
- Check the meat is properly cooked before serving
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#flour #breadcrumbs #oliveoil #butter #breaded #panfriedbreadedporkfillets #jerkmarinade #marinade #egg #porkfillet #foodprocessor