Pan fried Capricorn goats' cheese with watercress pesto
Many thanks to those nice people at The Lubborn Creamery who gave us permission to reproduce this recipe
- 2 x100g Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese
- 25g flour
- 50g watercress
- 25g ready-made pesto
- Rapeseed oil
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Halve each of the Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese by slicing lengthways.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, and use to coat the Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese slices.
- Put a dash of rapeseed oil into a hot frying pan and fry the floured cheese slices until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove the Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese and place on kitchen paper to soak up excess oil.
- Put the watercress on two plates and place the Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese on top, two slices on each plate.
- Spoon the pesto onto the Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese and serve.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.