Ozzy's Cole-slaw dressing
This recipe is not named after a famous chef, but after a very famous dog - the wonderful Ozzy, who owns our friends: Adrienne and Martin. 😉
In all fairness, the real credit should go to Martin who sent me this family favourite in exchange for our carrot and onion salad.
Tip: A food processor is your friend here.
- 1/3 cup sugar [83 ml]
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ cup milk [62 ml]
- ½ cup mayonnaise [125 ml]
- ¼ cup buttermilk [62 ml]
- 1.5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- Half a white cabbage - finely sliced
- 2 medium carrots - peeled and grated
- 1 large white onion, peeled and finely sliced
- A tablespoon or so of black mustard seeds
- A tablespoon of toasted poppy seeds
- 1 apple peeled and sliced
- A handful of sultanas, raisins or currants
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together
- Stir in the slaw ingredients mix well
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve
Use red cabbage for a lovely pink slaw.
Red onions are milder
A handful of mustard seeds adds a little bite
- Coleslaw recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#cup #sultanas #recipes #carrots #onion #whisk #lemonjuice #blackpepper #fridge #starters #buttermilk