Orange and almond shortbread
Try it with tangerines.
5/5 They're smaller and a bit more expensive, but they have an exquisite flavour. The Judge
This recipe needs advance preparation!
A variation of the traditional shortbread
- 225g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- Finely grated rind of 3 oranges
- 115g ground almonds
- Mix all of the ingredients until you have a dough
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill overnight
- Roll out to 1cm thick and cut into shapes of your choice
- Transfer to a baking tray and leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour
- Bake in a preheated oven at 140° C (275° F - gas 1), [fan oven 120° C] for 40 minutes until golden
- Cool on a rack, then store in a airtight container
Goes nicely with Orange fool or can just be eaten with a cup of tea or coffee
- Two Fat Ladies - Gastronomic Adventures (with Motorbike and Sidecar) by Jennifer Paterson & Clarissa Dickson Wright
You can use other citrus fruits if you like
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#orangeandalmondshortbread #groundalmonds #airtightcontainer #unsaltedbutter #bakingtray #clingfilm #dough #citrusfruits #shortbread #rest #oranges