A very easy and basic focaccia recipe.
Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 350g strong bread flour (I used Wessex Mill French bread Flour - similar to Type 65)
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 x 7g sachet Easy-Bake yeast, or 15g fresh yeast
- 200ml water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- If using fresh yeast, activate in the water.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients and knead thoroughly.
- Place in a bowl, covered with some oiled clingfilm and put in a warm place until risen to double its size.
- On a floured board, knock back, knead, return to the bowl and allow to rise again to double its size.
- Knock back and place in a suitable receptacle, eg a shallow, greased 25cm cake tin - I used a rectangular Falcon enamel pie dish.
- Cover again in clingfilm and let it rise until twice the height.
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), and 10 minutes before you want to bake it, push your fingers into the dough to make some dimples.
- Sprinkle the dough with the onions, salt, black pepper and olive oil and leave to prove for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.