Onion and garlic loaf
This is really more of a reminder to anyone with a breadmaker, than a proper recipe.
We have a Panasonic SD253 breadmaker and it is wonderful. We have used it twice a week for the last year or so to make white or wholemeal loaves. However, we have only recently tried some of the other recipes that came with the breadmaker. They are really good.
This recipe makes a pleasantly flavoured savoury loaf. It's not strongly flavoured and could probably take a big increase in the amount of garlic that is used, for those of you so inclined
- ¾ teaspoon dried active yeast
- 350 g strong white flour
- 50 g polenta
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 270 ml water - or by weight instead of volume, 270 g water
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Pinch of chilli flakes (to taste)
- Grind of fresh black pepper
- 100 g onion, peeled and chopped. 100g is 1 very small onion or a couple of shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Add the olive oil, a grind of black pepper and a pinch of chili flakes to a small pan
- Add the onions and garlic and Sautee for 7 minutes until translucent, don't brown
- Tip all the ingredients including the onions into the breadmaker basket
- Select Italian bake program, Panasonic SD253 breadmaker and similar models, for the Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker, use menu option 09, Italian bake.
- Baked to perfection in 4 hours 30 minutes
The timer cannot be used for this recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.