Onion and cheese soda bread
- 1 Large Onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g/1lb plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 150g/6oz gruyere cheese, grated
- 884ml/10floz Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas No 7
- Heat the Oil in a frying pan & gently fry the onions until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda in a bowl; add 125g/5oz cheese, onions & sundried tomatoes.
- Mix the yogurt & water together, stir into the flour.
- Mix with a spoon until it comes together to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead until if form smooth dough & shape into a 20cm round.
- Place onto a baking sheet & mark out 6 wedges with a knife. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with grilled bacon, tomatoes & onion relish.
Work quickly as the rising effect of the bicarbonate will be lost unless you bake the rolls immediately after shaping.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions