- 300 g basmati rice
- olive oil
- 800 ml boiling water or stock
- 200 g of mixed vegetables, eg. carrots, julienned peas, broccoli florets and sweetcorn
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 2 bulbs garlic, finely sliced
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, skinned and roughly sliced
- 125 ml coconut milk
- Pour a little olive into a saucepan, which should be on a high heat.
- Add the rice and coat the grains with the oil.
- Reduce the heat immediately to low, and add the water or stock.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Meanwhile, boil or steam the mixed vegetables until cooked.
- Sauté the shallots, garlic and ginger until soft.
- When the rice has cooked, add all of the ingredients (including the coconut milk).
- Heat through and serve.
Use any vegetables you like, but they should be chopped small.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.