- Preheat deep fat fryer to 175°C (350°F)
- Preheat deep fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Slice mozzarella into sticks 1-3 cm in diameter.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg.
- Fill another small bowl with bread crumbs.
- Dip 3-4 sticks at a time into the egg.
- Shake excess egg off sticks and place them in the bread crumbs.
- Shake bowl of bread crumbs, evenly coating all sticks. Add more bread crumbs as needed.
- Place coated sticks to the side and repeat for remaining sticks.
- After all sticks have been coated, repeat the egg-dip and crumb-coat for each once more.
- Place all sticks in fryer basket and submerge in 175°C oil.
- Let sit for 30 seconds, gently rocking basket occasionally.
- Lift basket and let cool for a few seconds. If cheese is not beginning to ooze out from half the sticks, re-submerge in oil for another 10-15 seconds, gently shaking the basket. Repeat until the cheese is just starting to ooze out.
- Dump onto paper towel and pat off excess oil gently.
Try Mozzarella bites, identical recipe but the result is bite-sized nibbles, rather than sticks.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.