Mozzarella and kidney bean soup
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Mozzarella and kidney bean soup recipes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- A pinch of chili flakes or to taste
- 150 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 400 g can plum tomatoes, chopped
- 400 g can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- A few spring onions, chopped for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions and peppers until softened, about 10 minutes
- Add paprika & chili flakes and stir well
- Add the stock, tomatoes and beans; bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until reduced by a quarter
- Add a third of the soup to a food processor and blend to a puree. Add this back to the soup pan.
- Divide the soup into 4 serving bowls
- Float the grated Mozzarella cheese on the surface
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and grated Parmesan cheese
Serve with crusty bread
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.