Moroccan Red Lentil Soup with Coriander (V)
Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 1.5 tablespoons Belazu Argan Oil
- 40g butter
- 2 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 740g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 165g red lentils
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- juice ½ lemon
- 1 x 20g pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons extra Belazu Argan Oil to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy-based pan
- Add the onions and carrots, cover and cook over a low heat until beginning to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute, add the spices, stir and cook for a further minute.
- Add the lentils, stir, then add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer, partially covered, for 25-30 minutes, until the lentils are soft.
- Cool a little, then liquidise and return to the pan. Season the soup, add the lemon juice to taste and gently reheat.
- Stir in the fresh coriander, reserving a little for the garnish.
- Drizzle the Argan Oil over the soup before serving.
Mint is often used as a garnish with Moroccan dishes. (Sainsbury's Magazine)
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.