Spicy meat samosa filling
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Meat samosa recipe)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 green chili, de-seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5 cm (1 ") peeled ginger root, grated
- 450 g (1 lb) lean beef mince
- 225 g (½ lb) frozen peas, defrosted
- 225 g (½ lb) potatoes, peeled and cut into very small cubes
- Juice of half a lemon
- A big handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- Fry the onions in the oil until slightly brown
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chillies and fry for a few more minutes
- Add all of the spices apart from the coriander leaves, stir well and fry for a minute
- Add the mince and cook on a high heat until browned
- Add the potatoes and a few tablespoons of hot water to help cook the potatoes, cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the peas and continue to cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are cooked
- Add the lemon juice and coriander leaves
Serve as a meat dish or use as a filling for meat samosas.
Use 1.5 tablespoons of filling for each sheet of filo pastry to make meat samosas.
- If you're not an expert then, see: how to fold samosas.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.