Masa para empanadas (Pie / Pasty dough) - (TM)
- 50g water
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 50g white wine
- 90g lard or butter
- 1 free range egg
- 30g fresh yeast
- 450g strong bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas 6.
- Tip all of the ingredients into the bowl, except the egg, yeast, flour and salt. 1 minute / 37° / Speed 2.
- Add the egg and yeast and mix 5 seconds / Speed 4.
- Add the flour and salt and mix 25 seconds / Speed 6 and then 2 minutes / Knead.
- Divide the dough into two.
- Roll out thinly and line a rectangular dish.
- Fill with your chosen filling (it must be cold), and cover with the remaining dough, sealing the borders well.
- Prick the dough and glaze with the beaten egg and decorate [with spare pieces of pastry] as desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#dough #egg #yeast #flour #spanish #thermomix #bake #pastry #lard #butter #whitewine