Macaroni loaf with yoghurt sauce
I first spotted this recipe many years ago and judging by the photograph it looked revolting. Having now read the recipe and thought about it, realise could be very delicious. This will keep for up to two days.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 125g small macaroni
- 70g stale breadcrumbs
- 130g cashew nuts, ground
- 130g Brazil nuts, ground
- 80g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 125g strong Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250ml plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- Grease, line, and grease again a 900g loaf tin.
- Add the macaroni to a pan of boiling water and boil, uncovered until al dente.
- Drain and cool.
- Mix the pasta with the breadcrumbs, nuts, cheeses, spices, pepper, coriander and eggs.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake, uncovered at 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour] for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Serve hot or cold with the sauce.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly adapted from a recipe in Pasta published by The Australian Women's Weekly
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.