Liver with herbs and sherry vinegar
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 450 g (1 lb) calves liver, washed, rinsed, trimmed and sliced as thinly as you can
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped sage
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) sherry vinegar - red wine vinegar will do , but it's worth getting sherry vinegar anyway, you won't regret it!
- Fry the onions in the butter until soft, about 4 minutes
- Add the liver, sage and half of the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Fry until browned and tender, but don't overcook it or it will be as tough as old boots. (It's quite ok to eat liver rare)
- Reserve the liver and onions and keep warm
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry vinegar by bringing it to the boil whilst stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer for a minute
- Pour the hot sherry over the liver and sprinkle with the remaining parsley
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#sherryvinegar #parsley #fry #liverwithherbsandsherryvinegar #sage #butter #boil #panfried #redwinevinegar #simmer #onions