Lemon curd (TM)
I loathe shop-bought lemon curd and hadn't eaten it for years, until I made this recipe, which is delicious.
- 75g sugar
- The rind of 1 large, unwaxed lemon, thinly peeled
- 40g lemon juice from the above
- 2 large eggs
- 50g unsalted butter
- Put the sugar and the rind into the bowl 20 seconds / Speed 10
- Add the remaining ingredients 10 seconds / Speed 6
- Scrape down the inside of the bowl 5 minutes / 80°C / Speed 4 - you may wish the mixture to be thicker or runnier, in which case adjust the cooking time by a minute or two.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool before use.
- If you want to keep it, tip into sterlised jars or Lock&Lock tubs and refrigerate.
- Summarised from Fast and Easy Cooking, the book which comes with Thermomixes sold in the UK.
- Lemon curd - information page
- Lemon curd recipe
- Pumpkin lemon curd
- Lemon curd recipe (Mum's)
- Orange curd recipe (Mum's)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.