Lemon, garden peas and Capricorn goats' cheese risotto
- 1 x100g Capricorn® goats cheese
- 150g risotto rice
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 75ml white wine
- 25ml double cream
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ leek, diced
- 100g cooked garden peas
- ½ fresh lemon, juiced and zested
- 40g butter
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a thick bottom pan.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add the rice and cook for a few minutes, again until translucent.
- Pour in the wine and reduce the liquid by half, then add the stock a little at a time.
- Crumble in the Capricorn® goats cheese and pour in the cream, stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 40 mins, then stir in the peas and lemon juice and zest.
- Check the rice is cooked and the sauce is loose and creamy.
Place into two bowls and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.