Lasagna is both a form of pasta in sheets (sometimes rippled, though seldom so in Northern Italy) and also a dish, sometimes named lasagne al forno (meaning "oven-cooked lasagne") made with alternate layers of pasta, cheese, and often ragù (a meat sauce) or tomato sauce. In Italy the dish is called "Lasagne" and not "Lasagna".
The word lasagna, which originally applied to a cooking pot, now simply describes the food itself. Most English speaking people follow the Italian usage and use the plural "lasagne" to refer to both the dish and the pasta.
We have the following tested lasagne recipes
- Basa lasagne bake - a rather good fish lasagne
- Prawn and crab lasagne bake - a seafood lasagne which is also good made with crayfish
- Crabmeat and spinach lasagna - surf and turf (sort of!)
- Lentil lasagne (TM) - a vegetarian lasagne made in a Thermomix
- No pasta lasagne - using courgettes instead of pasta
#lasagna #pasta #tomato #preparedfoods #cheese