Kotlety wieprzowe duszone w czerwonym winie (Pork chops braised in red wine)
A very easy winter recipe from Poland.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 150 g onions, finely chopped
- 75 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 120 ml red wine
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and brown the pork on both sides.
- Set the pork aside, and sauté the mushrooms and onions in the same pan until the onions are golden.
- Return the pork to the pan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for at least an hour until the pork is cooked.
I would check the pan from time to time, to ensure that it does not dry out. If it does, add a little water or stock.
Making this for 2 people, I used 2 fairly large pork shoulder steaks, added a few extra mushrooms but kept the remaining ingredients the same. It needed a little extra reduction at the end. A very nice recipe.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pork #mushrooms #onions #simmer #unusualrecipes #raisins #stock #redwine #vegetableoil #groundcinnamon #porkchops