Kotlety wieprzowe duszone w czerwonym winie (Pork chops braised in red wine)
A very easy winter recipe from Poland.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 150 g onions, finely chopped
- 75 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 120 ml red wine
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and brown the pork on both sides.
- Set the pork aside, and sauté the mushrooms and onions in the same pan until the onions are golden.
- Return the pork to the pan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for at least an hour until the pork is cooked.
I would check the pan from time to time, to ensure that it does not dry out. If it does, add a little water or stock.
Making this for 2 people, I used 2 fairly large pork shoulder steaks, added a few extra mushrooms but kept the remaining ingredients the same. It needed a little extra reduction at the end. A very nice recipe.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.