Käseschnitte (Swiss cheese on toast)
It's made really special by the addition of a fried egg on the top.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
melted cheese topping
- 160 g mixture of Swiss cheese of your choice, grated
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped chives or chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Make one bowl of käseschnitte for each person
- Toast the slices of bread
- Put the toast in 2 separate oven-proof dishes, slightly larger than the piece of toast
- Drizzle the white wine or apple juice over the toast
- Cover with the ham
- Mix the topping ingredients together and spread over the ham
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes
- Meanwhile fry 2 eggs in the olive oil
Top with a fried egg
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.