Jewelled Cheddar and apple festive wreath salad
- 1 large bag of salad leaves
- 1 crisp eating apple, cored and cut into thin slices and tossed in lemon juice
- 1 large pomegranate deseeded
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1 heaped tablespoon pumpkin seeds or chopped nuts
- 120g crumbled Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the salad leaves on a large flat platter in the shape of a wreath
- Carefully place the apple slices on the salad leaves
- Sprinkle over the cheese and walnut halves, top with pomegranate seeds and cranberries
- Mix together the salad dressing and drizzle over the salad. Season to taste
- Serve immediately
For a lower-calorie version, try Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese.
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- South Caernarfon Creameries
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.