Janssons frestelse (Jansson's temptation)
A tempting creamy potato recipe made by Jan's son!
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 700g potatoes, peeled and sliced. then cut into matchsticks
- 250g tinned anchovies, drained (reserve the liquid)
- 350ml single cream
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C]
- Fry the onion in the butter in a frying pan, until translucent and golden.
- Grease an ovenproof dish.
- Layer the potatoes, onions and anchovy in the dish, making sure there are potatoes on top and bottom.
- Pour in the cream and anchovy liquid - it will not cover the potatoes but should be about 1cm below.
- Dot some butter on top and sprinkle the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the lower half of the oven for about 1 hour.
- Cover with foil part way through if it is looking like it may burn.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.