Jajka Zapiekane z Jarzyną (Baked eggs with vegetables)
A Polish dish which is served between the first course and the main, but it can be served as an accompaniment or a light meal in itself.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 225g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 hot, boiled potatoes, sliced (I used Highland Burgundy Red)
- 5 hot, hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60ml white wine
- 120ml sour cream
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F - gas 6)
- Gently sauté the onions and mushrooms in the butter.
- In a greased casserole dish, make four layers starting with half of the potatoes.
- Next, make a layer of all of the onions, followed by all of the mushrooms and all of the egg.
- Finally add a layer of the remaining potatoes.
- Season each layer with a little basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix together the wine, sour cream, and flour and spoon over the top layer of potatoes.
- Garnish with the parsley and bake at 200°C (400°F - gas 6) for 15 minutes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.