- 6 Medium Size Potatoes
- 2 - 3 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 g Butter
- Maldon Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Put the potato on a chopping board, flat side down.
- Start from one end of the potato, cut almost all the way through, at about 3 to 4 mm intervals.
- Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray and insert the garlic in between the slits.
- Scatter some butter on top of each potato.
- Then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes turn crispy and the flesh is soft.
Suggested potato types: Cara, Estima, Marfona, Maris Piper, Mozart, Vivaldi. I was inclined to use a little more oil and butter, melting it first in the pan on the hob. I then add the potatoes and brushed the fat over the top of them, then put into the oven. --JuliaBalbilla 15:33, 20 November 2010 (GMT)
Dare I say that I think these can be made even better by following the salting and dehydrating process as used in this Baked potatoes recipe. It sounds complex, it's not. It takes a few minutes of preparation and needs to be done a few hours before you cook them but results in a very crunchy outer skin, similar to handmade crisps but with the flesh as normal. --Chef 09:44, 27 December 2010 (GMT)
Absolutely! Oddly enough, I did think of doing that when I made them, but I was too hungry to wait. I will try that today. --JuliaBalbilla 09:58, 27 December 2010 (GMT)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #potato #garlic #butter #hasselbackpotatoes #oliveoil #bakingtray #cheese #grated #brush #fat