Haringsla (Herring salad)
- 2 salted herrings, filleted
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, cooled and chopped
- 1 small beetroot, cooked, peeled and chopped
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cooked and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Cut the herring into small pieces.
- Reserve a few pieces for garnish.
- In a bowl which has been rinsed with cold water, mix the herring, potatoes, beetroot, apples, onions, gherkins and one chopped hard boiled egg.
- Mix well and add the oil, vinegar and seasoning.
- Press together firmly and un-mould onto a flat dish.
- Cover with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Garnish with the remaining herring, egg slices and lettuce leaves.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.