Hachee (Dutch hash)
- 900g boneless beef, pork or veal, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 55g butter
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into rings
- 40g flour
- 750ml hot beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- Season the meat with the salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a pot and sauté the meat and onions over a high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the flour and gently cook, stirring for 4 minutes.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring up the browned bits at the bottom of the pan
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, over a low heat for 1½ hours.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.