Kruidige rodekool (Spiced red cabbage)
- 115g butter
- 250ml water
- 1 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of red wine vinegar
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter, the water and the salt.
- Add the cabbage, apples and cloves and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter, the sugar and the vinegar and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the cloves before serving.
Goes well with Hachee (Dutch hash)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#apples #butter #simmer #shredded #vegetable #vinegar #redwinevinegar #cabbage #kruidigerodekoolspicedredcabbage #saucepan #boiledorsimmeredcabbage