Green chilli 'Tabasco' sauce (TM)
- 600g tomatoes, halved if small or quartered if larger
- 200g Indian green chillies, seeds and skin retained, but stalk removed
- 400g distilled white vinegar
- 4 tbsps dark sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Put all ingredients in the bowl, 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 2
- Then 10 minutes / 100°C / Speed 2
- Allow to cool a little, then 1 minute / Speed 4-10 progressively
- Pass through a sieve and pour into a bottle or Lock & Lock tub.
- Kept in the fridge, it will keep for a considerable time.
Stef's recipe uses Habañero chillies, which I find are almost impossible to find in the UK as this time of year (July). If you are lucky enough to obtain any (or Scotch Bonnets), you will find it hotter than making with Indian green chillies.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#indiangreenchillies #chillies #sauce #unusualrecipes #vinegar #tomatoes #fridge #tabasco #thermomix #seeds #scotch