Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 150 g puy lentils
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, peeled and crushed or to taste
- 1 tablespoon home made lazy ginger, finely chopped or grated or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder, chilli sauce or harissa paste
- Add the lentils and rosemary sprig to a medium sized pan
- Cover with cold water
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and sauté the ginger, garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and chilli (if using whole chillies) and sizzle for a few more minutes more.
- Stir in the lentils and chilli sauce (if using) and serve.
Use any variety of lentils, some may take longer to cook than others.
Obviously fresh ginger would work just as well.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.