Yet another variation on the popular snack.
I first got the urge to try flavoured popcorn when watching a long forgotten cartoon; as mummy dragon was about to go shopping, she warned the two baby dragons not to make garlic popcorn whilst she was gone. Guess what I did next
- 75 g popping corn
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic, crushed in a mortar and pestle
- Pinch chilli powder
- In a large lidded pot, heat the oils until very hot
- Put just one kernel in the pot and cover with the lid
- When that pops, tip in the remaining kernels and the smashed garlic cloves
- Replace the lid and with oven gloves, carefully shake the pan whilst it pops
- When it has finished popping, remove from the heat, discard the smashed garlic, tip into a bowl, shake the minced garlic and chili powder into the popped corn and mix well
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.