(Redirected from Garlic-chilli pecans recipe)
This Louisiana speciality is a great snack for special occasions, make these with Louisiana hot pepper sauce (my favourite) or Tabasco sauce, the results are very similar. The recipe also works well with most nuts.
- 300g (3 cups) pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2.5 teaspoons Louisiana hot pepper sauce or Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 100° C (225° F - gas ¼)
- Over a medium heat, melt the butter in a small pan, add the garlic and sauté until it just starts to colour slightly
- Remove from the heat, add the pepper sauce and salt and stir well
- Toss the pecans in the mixture and spread out on a large baking sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until crisp
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#garlicchillipecans #butter #tabascosauce #pecans #garlic #baking #pecan #unusualrecipes #savourynuts #chilli #nuts