Gambas y chorizo
- 350 g raw king prawns, scampi, large shrimp etc.
- 7.5 cm (3”) Chorizo, cut in half and then sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- A little olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ a lime
- Handful of parsley, chopped finely
- Devein the prawns, cutting fairly deeply along the back so they butterfly a little as they cook.
- Add a dash of olive oil to a large heavy based and fry off the chorizo until they release their colourful oil.
- Add the prawns and cook them until they turn pink.
- Add the lime zest and juice.
- Tip in the brandy and shimmy the pan so the brandy catches and the alcohol burns off sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#gambasychorizo #juice #chorizo #oliveoil #brandy #prawns #zest #lime #prawn #scampi #miseenplace