Fricassée de poulet au vinaigre doux (Fricassée of chicken with sweet vinegar)
Chicken fricassée with sweetened vinegar.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 chicken pieces on the bone
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 400 ml of red wine
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- A few pink peppercorns, lightly crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter for the garlic
- 8 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 kg small new potatoes
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and brown the chicken pieces
- Add the sugar and onions, allow to stew for 15 minutes and drain off the fat.
- Reduce the heat and add the red wine and half of the wine vinegar.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes, partially covered.
- Add the tomato purée and the pink peppercorns and continue cooking for 10 minutes more.
- Strain the sauce (reserve it) and season the chicken.
- Melt the tablespoon of butter over a medium heat in a fresh pan, add the chicken and the garlic. Meanwhile, put the potatoes on to boil.
- Turn the chicken once or twice during cooking. Add the remaining vinegar, cover and continue cooking on a very low heat for a further 10 minutes.
- When cooked place the chicken in a serving dish and reheat the reserved sauce in the pan in which you added the vinegar to the chicken.
- Arrange the potatoes around the chicken pieces and pour the sauce over them.
- Garnish with the parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.