Favourite ingredients soup (TM)
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 380g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 5 small chillies, de-stalked, with seeds left in
- 40g olive oil
- 150g strong, hard cheese, cut into chunks
- 300g-400g milk
- Up to 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder
- Seasoning, if necessary
- Add 500g cold water into the TM jug and place the steaming basket containing the cauliflower, inside.
- Steam for 30 minutes / 100° / Speed 1.
- Remove from TM and reserve.
- Add the garlic, chillies and oil to the jug and sauté 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add the reserved cauliflower and the cheese and mix 10 seconds / Speed 5 to chop the cheese.
- Add the milk and bouillon powder and cook for 6 minutes / 90° / Speed 4.
- Check seasoning and serve immediately.
Adjust the quantities of chillies and garlic to your own taste. I like strong flavours so some people may find the above quantities excessive. It also depends on the type of chilli as to its heat. I used 'Superchilli' which is slightly on the spiteful side.
This recipe is ideal for using up any odd bits of cheese in your fridge and I added a mixture of Meldon (Devon) and Lake District Mature (Cumbria). Parmesan, Beaufort or a vintage Cheddar would be ideal.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.