Ensalada de esquileo (Sheepshearers' salad)
- 220 g cooked and cooled round grain rice such as Bomba
- 60 g cooked garden peas
- 50 g cooked carrot, cubed
- 50 g Manchego cheese, cubed
- 50 g piquillo peppers, chopped
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 50 g spring onions, chopped
- 100 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 50 g green olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix together the ham, vegetables and cheese.
- To make the dressing, whisk the remaining ingredients together.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for between 15 minutes and 2 hours.
- Serve on a bed of salad leaves.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.