Dragon Welsh cheddar and roasted pepper tartlets
- 320g ready rolled puff pastry
- 190g jar of green pesto
- 2 red peppers deseeded and sliced
- 100g Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Toss peppers in olive oil and roast for 10 minutes on a baking sheet (also great with courgettes and red onions)
- Cut pastry into 4 squares and place on a baking sheet that has been dampened with cold water
- Spread each pastry square with pesto
- Arrange roasted peppers over the top and sprinkle with cheddar
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until pastry is risen and topping is lightly browned
For a lower fat alternative, use Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- South Caernarfon Creameries
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.