Dragon Cheddar cheese, tomato and chicken papparedelle
- 500g [1lb] pappardelle or tagliatelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 2 chicken breasts thinly sliced (for vegetarian version omit chicken and add some roasted peppers)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 200g [7oz] Dragon Mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Set your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Cut tomatoes in half and arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the thyme leaves. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir fry chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil until cooked through
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (follow packet instructions)
- Drain pasta, place in a baking dish. Stir through chicken and arrange tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle over grated cheese and place under a hot grill to melt cheese.
- Season with black pepper and serve with a green salad.
For a reduced fat version, use Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- South Caernarfon Creameries
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pasta #chicken #oliveoil #grated #tomatoes #southcaernarfoncreameries #thymeleaves #cheese #dragoncheddarcheesetomatoandchickenpapparedelle #vegetarian #bake