Džiugas cheese coated prawns
Thanks to Džiugas cheeses for their permission to use this recipe.
- 500g peeled prawns
- 5 tablespoons of Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of grated Džiugas cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 red chili, sliced open (optional)
- Mix the Panko breadcrumbs with the crushed garlic & grated Džiugas cheese
- Leave to marinate for 15 minutes
- Roll the prawns in the breadcrumb mix and then gently saute in olive oil for about 4 minutes; a fresh sliced red chilli could be added at this stage if liked
- Drain and discard any extra oil oil, then add any remaining breadcrumb mix saute for a minute or two
I thought this recipe sounded delicious but I have to say, when looking at the picture for this recipe, (provided by Džiugas), I did think that it would be difficult, if not impossible to get the breadcrumbs to stick to the prawns in the manner shown. I was correct on both counts; it was absolutely delicious, and the coating did not stick to the prawns!
To get the coating to cover the prawns, whisk an egg, dip each prawn in lain flour, then the egg-wash, then the breadcrumbs.
It is a fabulous recipe for a savoury crumble topping, it would be excellent on a fish pie.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.