Cuban roast adobo pork loin
Give your familys everyday pork loin recipe a major flavour boost with a simple homemade Adobo rub. Just mix GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper with cumin, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a few tablespoons of olive oil. Rub over the pork, roast until golden brown, and prepare for the compliments to roll in!
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Cumin
- 1 teaspoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 900g (2 lb.) pork loin fillet
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- In small bowl, mix together Adobo, cumin, dark brown sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Stir olive oil into Adobo mixture until completely saturated.
- Using paper towels, pat pork loin dry. Rub pork all over with Adobo mixture. Transfer pork to foil-lined roasting pan. Cook until pork is dark golden brown and instant-read thermometer registers 145°F when inserted into centre of loin, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer pork to platter; tent with tin-foil to keep warm. Let rest 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with accumulated juices.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
- A comprehensive guide to roast meat cooking times - give the time you want to carve your roast and we'll give you a timed step by step roasting guide
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.