Cuban ham and potato croquettes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 cups finely shredded smoked ham
- 1 ½ cups cooked mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup plantain flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Goya Sazonador Total
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- Saute finely chopped onion in butter and then stir in flour to make a roux.
- Stir in smoked ham, then mashed potatoes and sazonador.
- Remove from heat and season to taste.
- Refrigerate.for at least one hour.
- Roll out croquettes, then dip in egg and bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.