Cuban ham and potato croquettes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 cups finely shredded smoked ham
- 1 ½ cups cooked mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup plantain flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Goya Sazonador Total
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- Saute finely chopped onion in butter and then stir in flour to make a roux.
- Stir in smoked ham, then mashed potatoes and sazonador.
- Remove from heat and season to taste.
- Refrigerate.for at least one hour.
- Roll out croquettes, then dip in egg and bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#cubanhamandpotatocroquettes #butter #smokedham #mashedpotatoes #onion #breadcrumbs #glutenfree #deepfry #saute #plantainflour #goyasazonadortotal