Cuban crab cakes
- ¾ pound crabmeat
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Cypressa green olives with pimento, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Goya Sazonador Total
- Juice of one Lemon
- Hot Sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except for breadcrumbs in a large bowl and combine well.
- Shape into balls and flatten into discs.
- Coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Chill for 2 hours to set
- Heat ¼ inch sunflower oil in large pan.
- Fry each crab-cake for 3 - 4 minutes on each side once the oil is hot.
- Serve with tropical sun mango chilli sauce, Baron's Green Seasoning or Baron's passion fruit sauce.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#breadcrumbs #cubancrabcakes #unusualrecipes #lemon #onion #egg #images #goyasazonadortotal #seafood #dried #fry