Crispy potato pancakes
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 6 Rooster potatoes washed
- 1 Onion peeled
- 2 free range eggs
- 3 Tablespoons plain flour
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 8 Slices smoked salmon
- 4 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 Bunch chives chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and leave for 30 mins.
- Then drain, rinse under cold water and gently press between your hands to dry.
- Add the finely sliced onion, eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Put a generous amount of oil in a frying pan and heat until smoking hot.
- Spoon in the potato batter to form little patties about 5cm wide and flip over to colour on each side.
- When brown and crisp drain a little on paper towel.
- Traditional English pancakes
- Breton buckwheat pancake recipe
- Crêpe recipe
- Potato pancakes
- Crispy duck pancake recipe
- Crispy potato pancakes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk
#crispypotatopancakes #potatoes #onion #sourcream #bakingpowder #chives #smokedsalmon #potatopancakes #panfried #plainflour #eggs