Crema Catalana (Catalan cream) (TM)
This is a Catalan version of Crème Brûlée, the difference being the addition of lemon zest.
- 1 litre milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 150g sugar
- 40g cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- The peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place the Butterfly over the blades.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl, except for the lemon peel and cinnamon stick 15 secs / Speed 3Â½.
- Add the lemon peel and the cinnamon 11 minutes / 90°C / Speed 2.
- Then 2 minutes / Speed 2 without temperature.
- Pour into heatproof bowls and either blow torch the top, or place under the grill until well browned.
- Allow to reach room temperature before serving.
- Lightly adapted from Thermomix TM31: Imprescindible para su cocina
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#lemonpeel #cinnamonstick #lemon #grill #eggyolks #lemonzest #cornflour #browned #boiledorsimmered #thermomix #butterfly