Creamy Philadelphia butternut squash and chilli soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 750 g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g Philadelphia Light
- 1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry onion until soft. Add chilli and garlic, continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Set aside some cooked chilli and garlic for garnish.
- Add the butternut squash and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 35-40 minutes until the squash is soft.
- Blend with a hand blender or food processor until smooth.
- Place back in the pan and stir in three-quarters of Philly. Continue cooking over a gentle heat until Philly has melted. Season to taste and divide into warm serving bowls.
- Stir milk into remaining Philly and serve swirled on the top of the soup with a little extra oil, if desired.
Other recipes that use Philadelphia Light:
- Creamy Philadelphia monkfish and prawns
- Creamy Philadelphia butternut squash and chilli soup
- Pork chops with a creamy Philadelphia mustard sauce
- Philadelphia chutney chicken
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.