Courgettes with almonds and ginger
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons almond slices
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Gently heat a frying pan or a wok and toast the almonds without adding any oil, be careful not to burn them of they will be very bitter.
- Set the almonds to one side.
- Add the olive oil, a grind of black pepper, the grated ginger and the onions and saute for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the courgettes together with the lemon juice and dried oregano if using. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- If you want to soften them a little more, add a few splashes of water and cook for a little longer.
- Mix the toasted almonds and fresh oregano back in, cook for a few minutes and serve
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.