Cooking dumplings in a slow cooker
They are very nice but they won't be crispy - you'll need to finish then off under the grill if you want crunchy dumplings.
- Allow the shredded suet to get to room temperature
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl large enough to get both you hands in
- Rub the suet into the flour with your fingertips
- Kneading the dough into a soft but not sticky texture, use as much of the water as is needed. You shouldn't need more than 75 g
- Shape the dough into 8 or 9 balls, slightly smaller than a golf ball
- Add them to you slow cooker when your recipe has about an hour of cooking left
- Cook in the slow cooker with the lid on for one hour
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#slowcooker #shreddedsuet #dough #cookingdumplingsinaslowcooker #dumplings #soup #beefrecipes #recipes #stew #atora #dry