To make this, you will need to have three saucepans on the go at once.
- 8 large potatoes, peeled
- 450 g curly kale, finely chopped
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 2 small leeks, chopped
- 280 ml full-fat milk
- 30 g butter
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water and boil until cooked.
- When the potatoes have started to boil, place the kale in another pan with the ham or bacon stock and simmer until tender.
- Meanwhile, simmer the leeks in the milk in a third pan until soft.
- Drain and mash the potatoes and beat in the leeks, milk and butter.
- Add the kale and seasoning, and mix thoroughly.
Serve with additional butter.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.